The types of injuries suffered in a car accident can vary depending upon the force of the collision and other circumstances. No matter what your injuries are, you should seek medical treatment as soon as you possibly can following your accident. A health care provider can review your medical condition, document it, and order follow-up treatment if necessary.
If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you could be eligible to pursue financial recovery for those injuries. Not only are your medical and physical therapy costs compensable, but you might also be able to pursue damages for your pain and suffering, inconvenience, and mental anguish stemming from your physical injuries.
The Vacaville personal injury lawyers at The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. could assist you with filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company and could make a claim for damages on your behalf.
Reasons for Seeking Prompt Medical Treatment following an Accident
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is most important that you seek prompt medical treatment at a nearby hospital emergency room or urgent care center. This is true even if you do not feel that you were injured and even if you are not in pain at that time. Prompt medical attention following a Vacaville car accident is important for the following reasons:
- Injuries are not always noticeable right away. In fact, in some cases, it could take several days – or even weeks – for pain and other injury symptoms to become noticeable.
- Even minor injuries, such as concussions, could develop into much more serious injuries if they are not treated right away.
- The treating health care provider will prepare medical documentation which you could then forward to the insurance company as evidence of your injuries and right to compensation.
- A health care provider can recommend follow-up treatment for your injuries, such as following up with a primary care doctor or medical specialist, such as an orthopedist.
- By seeking treatment right away, you demonstrate to the insurance company that you are taking your medical treatment and condition seriously.
In personal injury cases where there is a long time gap between the accident date and the accident victim’s first medical appointment, insurance companies are less likely to offer reasonable compensation to settle. Moreover, insurance companies do not look favorably on significant gaps in medical treatment, as these gaps suggest that the accident victim was not seriously injured.
Call a Vacaville Personal Injury Lawyer about Your Accident Case Today
If you were injured in a car accident that you did not cause, the experienced personal injury attorneys at The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. could obtain all of your medical treatment records and bills and forward them to the insurance company as part of your claim. To schedule a free consultation or case evaluation with a Vacaville personal injury lawyer, call us today at (415) 433-0444 or contact us online and find out how we could assist in your situation.