We Hold Nursing Homes Accountable
Nursing homes, also known as skilled nursing facilities, are required to provide the highest level of care for those who are unable to care for themselves. 24 hour care is supposed to be provided to patients who are elderly or suffer from mental or physical limitations. Patients are in a delicate condition at nursing homes, and when these facilities do not provide required care, severe or even fatal injuries frequently occur.
Five of the most common complaints against nursing homes are:
- Insufficient staffing to provide proper care
- Not responding to residents’ requests or needs in a timely manner.
- Staff’s failure to respond to justified complaints by patients and family members.
- Retaliation by staff after complaints are made.
- Staff’s lack of training or ability to identify a change in residents’ condition or the signs leading to serious illness.
Sadly, family members must fight to get the proper care their loved ones deserve because nursing homes are underfunded and understaffed to properly care for their patients.
Call Us Now For a Free Consultation
The Cartwright Law Firm is committed to helping those who have suffered from nursing home neglect. If you or a family member is suffering, email us, or call 415-433-0444 to protect you and your family members’ rights to receive proper care.