David G. Yen
Education: Dave Yen graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003, receiving his J.D. While in law school, he participated in the Thad E. Hutcheson Moot Court Competition and American Trial Lawyers Association Mock Trial Tournament, achieving honors in both. He was also an active member of the Asian American Law Students Association and represented indigent clients accused of misdemeanors in the Criminal Defense Clinic.
In 2000, Dave Yen graduated from the University of California-San Diego with a B.A. in Political Science. He served and was elected the Associated Students senator for his college for two years and was an editorial and entertainment writer for the UCSD Guardian student newspaper.
Areas of Experience: Dave Yen practices in all areas of personal injury litigation, including wrongful death, car accidents, and catastrophic injury cases, products liability, motor vehicle collisions, and cases involving dangerous conditions on property. Additionally, he has experience and handles matters involving employment discrimination, violation of civil rights, elder abuse and nursing home negligence, and inadequate security.
Affiliations: Besides being a member in good standing with the California State Bar, Dave Yen is active with the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, and Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area.
Positions: Dave Yen is on the Executive Board of the Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) San Francisco Chapter.
Personal: Dave was born in Madison, Wisconsin and grew up in both Wisconsin and Kansas. In law school, he became immediately attracted to Tort law, the law of compensating people for their injuries through the civil justice system. Dave has always been a champion for the underdog, which is why he has dedicated himself to fighting for the rights of individuals and families against insurance companies and big corporations. In his spare time, he has written, directed and produced four short films since high school and is constantly developing ideas for short and feature length projects. Along with a college friend, he started OscarFrenzy.com, a site devoted to prediction and analysis of the Academy Awards. He also regularly enjoys tennis, hiking, reading, and is interested in national politics, particularly issues involving poverty and race relations. Dave has been a passionate fan of the Denver Broncos since childhood and his personal heroes include Robert F. Kennedy, Michael Jordan, and Clint Eastwood.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury Cases
- Products Liability
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2004
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. – 2003
- Honors: Thad E. Hutcheson Moot Court Competition
- Honors: American Association for Justice Mock Trial Tournament
- University of California – San Diego, La Jolla
- Honors: Elected the Associated Students Senator
- Honors: Editorial and Entertainment Writer for the UCSD Guardian Student Newspaper
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area, Member
- Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) San Francisco Chapter, Executive Board